I have windows 8 RTM( Enterprise Edition ) running on Dell inspiron Laptop with Micromax MMX 300G.
well all versions of Micromax MMX modem will work fine.
Just follow the steps below:
Method 1 (Older Method works fine with Windows 8):
1. uninstall the software if already installed.2. open the modem in new windows and set its ( modem_installation.exe and show_modem.exe ) compatibility to windows7 then press OK.
3. Now install the software , then restart the system .
4. Connect the modem and start the software ( it shows no device ) then exit the application from the task manager .
5. Open the Device manager ( control panel > Administrative tools > Computer management )
6. Go for Other devices , simply uninstall all the drivers related to modem there (better uninstall both with or without yellow mark)
7. Go to Action menu and click on Scan for hardware changes .
8. Now simply open the MMX usb manager and it works fine.
Method 2 (Updated Article January 2014 for Win 8/8.1 both):
1. Install the MMX modem application in compatibility mode as above, then restart your system.
2. Next go to your installation folder as:
x64 bit OS –> C:\Program Files (x86)\MMX353G 3G USB Manager\Driver\Win7_64
x32 bit OS –> C:\Program Files\MMX353G 3G USB Manager\Driver\Win7_32
3. copy the file cmnsusbser.sys and paste it to C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder do replace if any older version is already present. Better save the older file before replacing it with new one.
4. Now, go back to installation folder and simply:
- right click cmnsmdm.inf and click install,
- then right click cmnsser.inf and click install.
5. So its done then, only note that you must open the application from the desktop icon. Enjoy your MMX 3G modem in windows 8.1. Have fun guys.